TELEFLORA LAUNCHES DOVE POS 4.0
LOS ANGELES (September 2, 2008) - Teleflora, the world's leading floral service and products company with more than 70 years experience in growing the businesses of local retail florists, unveiled Dove POS™ 4.0, the company's latest version of its innovative point-of-sale system. Teleflora first introduced its Dove POS™ system in 2006 in an effort to help members' businesses save time and money. Dove POS™ enables florists to simplify their day-to-day floral shop transactions with the ability to enter and monitor all orders, utilize marketing applications, manage the floral shop accounts and more"”all in one place.
"œTechnology is critical to maximizing the profit of our florists businesses, so we work everyday to develop new programs and services that will help strengthen and increase profits for our members," said Shawn Weidmann, president of Teleflora. "œThrough focus groups, surveys and one-on-one discussions, we prioritized the most efficient features that would be included in this upgrade."
Florists already using Dove POS™ will appreciate the POS system's new benefits and features, including:
- New standing order features: Reduce staff time by avoiding re-keyed orders.
- Care and handling instructions: Improved ticket order printing to exceed customer satisfaction levels, and to reduce phone complaints and care questions.
- Funeral acknowledgements: Customer's orders will now include sender information for easier recognition by funeral directors and recipients.
- Source codes: Track customers' regions and the source of referrals.
- Location shortcut codes: Save key address information for faster order entries with fewer errors.
- Address verification: Avoid delivery mistakes and reduce the number of call backs with verification at the time of the order.
- Gift Cards (sold as a separate module): Increase sales and attract new customers through a gift card program.
In addition, Teleflora launched its latest version of the Daisy 6.5 point-of-sale system earlier this year and is scheduled to launch Eagle 6.0 this fall. Both Daisy 6.5 and Eagle 6.0 point-of-sale systems now offer users enhanced credit card security features and the capabilities to connect directly to the Dove network via high-speed internet access. Eagle 6.0 also boasts an E-directory that allows its users to search and locate florists within seconds.
For more information on Teleflora's point-of-sale systems, please visit www.myteleflora.com
or call 800.421.2875. About teleflora Teleflora
is the world's leading floral service offering the best choice in floral arrangements and convenient local delivery. Headquartered in Los Angeles, California, Teleflora has approximately 20,000 member florists throughout the U.S. and Canada, with an additional 20,000 affiliated florists outside North America. Teleflora offers industry-leading floral arrangements and gifts, technology, marketing and education services. Through its extensive member florists' network, Web sites including www.teleflora.com and www.findaflorist.com, and its toll-free line 1-800-TELEFLORA, the company offers consumers fast, convenient and high-quality flowers and keepsake products.< Back to News Listing